Hi-Tech Testing has extensive experience with piping inspection. All Hi-Tech piping inspection services are performed as specified by the American Petroleum Institute (API) Standard 570, which covers the maintenance, inspection, alteration, and repair of in-service metallic piping systems.
All of our inspectors are API certified, and as inspections are performed by our inspectors, data is acquired and appropriate NDE examinations are performed. This information is entered into ICON by Hi-Tech Testing personnel. Calculations and inspection results are evaluated by the API inspector and reports are produced. Hard copy reports can be printed and bound, or electronic reports can be loaded onto a compact disc for easy access requiring minimal storage.
Hi-Tech Testing offers the following piping inspection services:
- Radiography - Conventional, computed, and digital radiography can be used for information purposes such as profile radiography for erosion / corrosion investigation. Real-time radiography can be especially useful for detection of corrosion under insulation as a rapid screening technique. Hi-Tech has technicians experienced in the specialized task of performing radiography in piping inspection applications.
- Visual Inspection (VT) - Visual examination is often used to detect mechanical damage, corrosion or wear due to harsh service conditions. CWI/QC services can monitor repair or installation activities to ensure code compliance.
- Magnetic Flux Leakage (MFL) - MFL can be used when examining in-service piping for corrosion during API-570 inspections. Using this method, damage resulting in material loss can be detected in both lined and unlined ferrous metallic piping and pipelines.
- Leak Testing - Hi-Tech Testing offers bubble leak testing for leak detection. This method works by pressurizing a closed system while relying on visual detection of bubbles formed by the pressurized media passing through a leak orifice to detect leaks. Direct pressure testing tends to be the most commonly used in the testing and inspection of piping.
- Consulting - Hi-Tech has on staff personnel with over twenty-five years in piping inspection experience. Contact us today if you have questions regarding inspection methods, parameters or capabilities.